Toast of London - Series 2 Page 3

Episode 3 - just watched. The best of this series so far. Brilliant.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th November 2014, 10:18 PM GMT

He sure did in BBC4's Hattie starring the fantastic Ruth Jones. I read her biography a while back and it was terribly sad at times, however some of the stories were great.

What are people's thoughts on the musical interludes during Toast? I find them a bit odd to be honest.

Some are intriguing but, for me, they're not always deranged enough for proper surrealism.
Love the show otherwise.

Maybe he's trying to advertise his singing career.
The theme (extremely reminiscent of Elton John's Song for Guy) has its own (underwhelming) video on AcidJazz (neither acid or jazz enough, surely?), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdqu-HObUbo

I've been using psychedelic and other reality tweakers for more than forty years, liked Vic and Bob from the off, Zappa. Gong etc, - I can take weird but I can't see the point in reviving chicken in the basket unless you're going to add something.
Good luck to him. Maybe he'll make it as an adult contemporary heartthrob, then he can duet with Steve Coogan's Tony Ferrino...

Quote: Marissa @ 20th November 2014, 8:20 PM GMT

Some are intriguing but, for me, they're not always deranged enough for proper surrealism.
Love the show otherwise.

Maybe he's trying to advertise his singing career.
The theme (extremely reminiscent of Elton John's Song for Guy) has its own (underwhelming) video on AcidJazz (neither acid or jazz enough, surely?), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdqu-HObUbo

You're absolutely right, the theme would work well as an instrumental but when he starts singing it's awful - like he's recorded it whilst wearing a crash helmet underwater. I did like "Back Seat Lover" which featured in the last episode of Darkplace because it was an 80s parody more than anything.

Quote: Marissa @ 20th November 2014, 8:20 PM GMT

I've been using psychedelic and other reality tweakers for more than forty years, liked Vic and Bob from the off, Zappa. Gong etc, - I can take weird but I can't see the point in reviving chicken in the basket unless you're going to add something.
Good luck to him. Maybe he'll make it as an adult contemporary heartthrob, then he can duet with Steve Coogan's Tony Ferrino...

Yum! Frilled tight polyester shirts a go go!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th November 2014, 10:56 PM GMT

You're absolutely right, the theme would work well as an instrumental but when he starts singing it's awful - like he's recorded it whilst wearing a crash helmet underwater. I did like "Back Seat Lover" which featured in the last episode of Darkplace because it was an 80s parody more than anything.

It was actually called 'One Track Lover'. On the in character commentary on the DVD, Todd Rivers (who can barely remember anything that happened) thinks the song was called 'Making Love on the right track'.

"Yum! Frilled tight polyester shirts a go go!"

:)

Toast in the East End! Another funny episode. Seems to be getting more surreal.

I'll probably watch the latest one on 4OD tonight!

I find they're even funnier on a second viewing, esp the one with Axel Jacklin, the best high winds actor in Britain. Laughing out loud

Tracy-Ann looked at home in the East End...

Another great episode (high winds).

Ray 'Bloody' Purchase is a fantastic pantomime villain.

It must be me . . . .

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th November 2014, 1:45 AM GMT

It must be me . . . .

...you're not alone.

Quote: Tursiops @ 29th November 2014, 8:09 PM GMT

...you're not alone.

:D

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th November 2014, 1:45 AM GMT

It must be me . . . .

yep, it is you :)

Well I certainly ain't going to give it a second go to see if I was wrong . . .

No wonder he is always out of work with people like you around. Angry