Would LOVE opinions please

hey...

Me and my friend have recently finished a short. I don't want to give to much away, but would love some feedback if possible

EDIOTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_REKGQeNMs&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy :)

Karl

Nice rhtyhm to it, and I enjoyed the sudden cuts, so that we could imagine what they been wasting time on when off camera. I enjoyed what I saw, but 30 mins is far too long for this sort of thing on YouTube, I fear.

Gappy is of course correct. If you're Alan Bennett then talking heads is do-able. But then there is only one of him. It does have a nice rhythm this is true. Five minute hard hitting bites at most

thanks guys. yeah we only done 30 mins as there was a lot of stuff we wanted to keep. I think the plan would be to cut that 30min in to smaller parts and put them in a sketch show we want to do.

I think the main thing we wanted to know is if these characters can be related to, and if the humour was to most peoples taste.

Quote: roscoff @ 4th November 2014, 9:22 PM GMT

Gappy is of course correct. If you're Alan Bennett then talking heads is do-able. But then there is only one of him. It does have a nice rhythm this is true. Five minute hard hitting bites at most

Funnily enough, I thought of Alan Bennett too.

I think the characters are good, and there is some inventive stuff in there (I liked Subdonald's). Performances are decent enough to hold it - touches of a sort of Gervais/Merchant relationship.

I also really like the working at the PC technique, because it means you can film easily without any complex cuts, very cleverly done.

Yeah a few people have said similar things. I think the fact that it was all improvised helps. The only thing we knew we wanted to do was have these two guys try and work on a project together.

We try to say that they both need each other to finish the project but are both very stuck in there own ways of thinking.

Thanks for your feedback I do really appreciate it :)

Should work very well in small segments actually (but make sure you keep at least some of the cuts in)

Later parts were much funnier than the earlier bits. You also probably missed a trick by having the guy remove his hoodie before the aircon came on

"I'm gonna harmonise the next bit"
"My torso is extremely warm"
had me in hysterics though. Delivery is top notch,

God Guys, was this supposed to be funny?
how about some humour?
Honestly, it stank of "I want to be Ricky Gervais!" and I hate his shows! so I'm not going to like this!

Sorry, but the world doesn't need another unfunny ricky gervais / Alan partridge show! we already 10 million unfunny shows, please do something better, I wanted to be rolling around on the floor laughing not forward fasting! wish I could take back my view as I'm now registered as a Hit for you on YouTube!

Why do you just come on here and slag everyone off?

Quote: Mikey88 @ 28th November 2014, 6:41 PM GMT

Why do you just come on here and slag everyone off?

Oh Sorry, I thought the Title of this post said "Would Love opinions please!" so I watched his show, was disappointed, and told him that was my opinion! as for why I just come on here and slag everyone off, clearly you don't read enough of my posts, I have an unbiased open approach and give praise as well as critique, I thought that was what we were supposed to do?

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 28th November 2014, 6:18 PM GMT

forward fasting

"I'm not supposed to eat the day before the operation, but that's my cousin's wedding, so I thought I'd do it today instead".

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 28th November 2014, 7:29 PM GMT

Oh Sorry, I thought the Title of this post said "Would Love opinions please!" so I watched his show, was disappointed, and told him that was my opinion!

It's hard to argue with that, Mikey.

Quote: gappy @ 28th November 2014, 7:42 PM GMT

"I'm not supposed to eat the day before the operation, but that's my cousin's wedding, so I thought I'd do it today instead".

Thats really Funny! :-) I can't stop laughing! well done! brilliant!

Unfortunately I've read a lot of your posts and the majority on critique are slagging people off - though I can't say I've seen any of your own work posted.

Nobody has to post work to critique others. I don't have to build my own car to know the steering on one I am driving is shafted. Literally and metaphorically. The usual suspects who ask people to 'step up to plate' 'let's see what you can do then' etc are in my experience here usually green eyed amateurs. (Not you off course) If people do post in reply they either ultra hypocritically do what they are usually falsely accusing the poster of doing, or they scurry off, say nothing, then pop back and Repeat the same, tired things. Very rarely is it about their own work, they attempt to hide their true purpose behind a crusader persona. Genuinely! But let's not get into the subject of sub bridge dwellers.

As far as I know the BCG isn't a hobby site primarily, or indeed a creative writing support group. It can be of course, but it is mainly about professional broadcasting and the publics engagement with that.

So focus on the work. If you put it out there - you get what you get. Same here as in the real world. If you don't have the ability to self filter what is good or usable advice - then you don't have the ability to work professionally.

So ignore the personalities and use your own good creative judgement - which like everything develops through exercise. In short if you get over wound up on a forum like this.... Then in the toxic and potentially destructive world of professional broadcast shit - You will be absolutely, royally buggered!

And, of course, which is genuinely great, if you do just want to use critique as hobby/peer review/sounding board type thing let people know when posting work what your intentions are, what kind of feedback you want. Then just have fun and ignore the twats, including me of course. :)

It's definitely got a Gervais / Merchant, Partridge / Sidekick Simon feel to it which is a good thing. Way too long, I only watched the first six minutes or so but liked what I saw. Very good natural interplay and I liked the little funny touches, the protein shake element made me laugh for some reason, the tension about the timekeeping, nice contrast between the two personalities.

Good name too. If you could tighten it up, shorten it down and cut it finer then I think it's got potential.