Have We Got A Quiz this week Steve

Quote: george roper @ 21st November 2014, 12:47 AM GMT

Have We Got A Quiz this week Steve

This is a f**king wind up.

Laughing out loud

I'll get on it as soon as I can

Friday Quiz October 3rd 2014
1. Which athletics world record was broken this week ? Men's marathon
2. Who has just been voted 'the best dressed woman in showbusiness' ? Jennifer Lawrence
3. In Greek mythology, which female monsters had live snakes for hair and were capable of turning people to stone? The Gorgons (1/2 point for Medusa)
4. Name the film. Rear Window

5. In grammar, what name is given to a word used to connect words, clauses and sentences? Conjunction
6. Which monkey gets its name because its cap of hair resembles the cowl of an order of monks? Capuchin
7. When they first meet in 'The Hobbit', with which question does Bilbo Baggins finally defeat Gollum in the riddle competition? 'What have I got in my pocket?'
8. In the nursery rhyme, who killed Cock Robin? The sparrow
9. What links these pictures Celeste. The musical instrument and Babar was married to Celeste

10. Name the Premiership stadium. The Liberty Stadium (Swansea)
11. The name of which car manufacturer can be loosely translated as the Latin for 'I drive'? Volvo
12. Which African country was the first to join the Commonwealth without having any traditional ties to Britain? Mozambique
13. Who is this? The Lorax
14. Which city in England is spelt using the fewest letters? Ely
15. With the exception of the Peace Prize, the Nobel Prize award ceremony takes place in which city? Stockholm
16. Which group asked fans to pay what they liked for their 2007 chart-topping album? Radiohead
17. The name of which style of art and architecture is believed to derive from the French word 'rocaille', meaning 'shell-work', and the Italian word for baroque? Rococo

18. What fifty US coins add up to exactly 1 dollar? There is more than one valid answer:
1 x 25c, 2 x 10c, 2 x 5c, 45 x 1c
2 x 10c, 8 x 5c, 40 x 1c

19. What links these pictures: All can be preceded by TEA (clipper; ceremony; cosy; light; cake)

20. Unscramble the two words : A A A A A A B B C C L N R S T CASABLANCA & RABAT

Because the Quiz guy seems to have skipped a few weeks we're almost getting up to date
Should be able to get the Halloween Quiz up before Christmas

11. Eyrie

17. Dad's Army

5 Banana

13 Christopher Plummer

4. Tiger & Dragon

8. Raleigh

10. Timbuktu

Quote: Tursiops @ 21st November 2014, 9:35 PM GMT

10. Timbuktu

Later renamed Tursiopsbuktu

:D