Citizen Khan - Series 3

So Citizen Khan is back on our screens 31st October now in an 8:30pm slot! I loved the first two series, hopefully we will finally see Shazia and Amjad get married, they've spent two years talking about it!

I was a bit alarmed though when I looked at the cast list that the "Dave" character isn't going to be in Series 3. Is this correct is Matthew Cottle not returning to the role then?

Looking forward to the new series all the same anyway.

I wasn't overly impressed with Citizen Khan to be honest. It felt a bit like a token show, like they had to have a diversity programme. Although, I did enjoy the way he parked his car.

What really spoils this programme for me is the "canned laughter" it is really annoying.

I'm only watching it because I was expecting WILTY? to be on. And I have to kill time until HIGNFY. I think it's horrible. As subtle and funny as Mrs Brown's Boys.

I thought it was absolutely hilarious.Every single bit of it is pure gold.Acting is great. Characters are superb.Series 1 and 2 were amazing.Now I think series 3 is going to better. With tonight's episode it is certainly heading in the right direction. There were too many moments to mention how funny it was tonight.

Yes I rather enjoyed it too, a very good opener to the new series. Can anybody confirm, has Dave left the series?

Quote: Gazzo @ 31st October 2014, 9:01 PM GMT

I thought it was absolutely hilarious.Every single bit of it is pure gold.Acting is great. Characters are superb.Series 1 and 2 were amazing.Now I think series 3 is going to better. With tonight's episode it is certainly heading in the right direction. There were too many moments to mention how funny it was tonight.

I wouldn't go that far!

Quote: G180e @ 31st October 2014, 9:04 PM GMT

Yes I rather enjoyed it too, a very good opener to the new series. Can anybody confirm, has Dave left the series?

We think so, yes.

I really loved the first two seasons but so far the third the season has not been that good. Removing mosque and Dave has taken away half of the fun.........

Quote: Mikey88 @ 14th October 2014, 10:35 AM BST

I wasn't overly impressed with Citizen Khan to be honest. It felt a bit like a token show.

Even this is an understatement in my opinion. Terrible terrible attempt at PC comedy by the BBC. Watch out for the next new series featuring a black lesbian Jewish dwarf traveller sat in a wheelchair.

Quote: mshemyalnisar @ 4th November 2014, 5:45 AM GMT

I really loved the first two seasons but so far the third the season has not been that good. Removing mosque and Dave has taken away half of the fun.........

Half of what fun?

Loved tonight's episode, was so much funnier than last week. It was full of brilliant slapstick and funny moments.

The canned hyena laughter is also an awful throwback!

Quote: Gazzo @ 31st October 2014, 9:01 PM GMT

It's so artificial - it's in the same league as Miranda, On the Buses and Mrs Brown. Obviously very popular but not to my mind.

I thought it was so fantastic. I loved it better than last week's by miles. The police bit was absolutely smashing. Can't to wait for 2 weeks and watch this. So funny.

Televisual diarrhoea.
Honestly the wig jokes went out in the 1970s!