Doctor Who... Page 1,098

Enjoyed it. Since my enthusiasm waned alarmingly it has got plenty better. So who says I don't have the ear of the BBC!

No one, seeing as you work for them.

Errrr.. No I don't lol.

That was just garbage a confused load of nonsence, zoo animals filling in for any kind of coherent big bad.

A bunch of stage school, cliched, chav kids.

And yet again another amazingly, ugly ill thought out sub plot on mental health.

And Capaldi's Doc again a boring, childish, nuisance.

Do better.

The liberties taken with science in this series have been jaw dropping.

But still more forgivable than the violence done to the art of narrative.

I think the use of science in Dr Who is a bit like walking down the high street in the nude.

If you don't mention your penis, people might not notice it.

From the trailer last week I thought it looked rubbish, and it was. Absolutely terrible. Worst of the series for me. :( I wish people would stop using child actors too. It's clear that as a species they can't act.

Awful.
Long lost sister re-appearing from magically vanishing hydrangea bush was just about put the tin lid on it as far as I'm concerned.
It's as if they had a team of 'writers' constructing the thing like a game of 'consequences' - with each writer not getting to see what the previous one has written.

This is not a thread I enter as a rule or a prog I watch these days but I had it on for 10 mins about a month ago and my God it stunk.

It looked nothing like Doctor Who, it was some horrible slab of over production trickery that's infesting our telly now, annoying camera angles and repeat shots around little more than an embarrassing effort at deep drama and character study, as if the inept writer of it has never forgotten that foreign film he saw at the little cinema in Hampstead. It was ten minutes of pure and utter shite! >_<

I watched Fathers Day the other day, cheap effects, one location basically as bargain basement as you get.
But clever dialogue, strong characters, a good story, funny and a believable plot that was about time travel.
Why can't it get back to the highs.

Quote: Jack F @ 26th October 2014, 2:16 AM GMT

I wish people would stop using child actors too. It's clear that as a species they can't act.

American kids can act. British kids... not so much.

Lets not forget Dougie Howser

Quote: sootyj @ 26th October 2014, 11:50 AM GMT

Lets not forget Dougie Howser

Though in fairness I can't see any of the kids in last night's episode being lined up to host the Oscars.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th October 2014, 9:06 AM GMT

Long lost sister re-appearing from magically vanishing hydrangea bush was just about put the tin lid on it as far as I'm concerned.

That was terrible.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th October 2014, 11:16 PM BST

I think the use of science in Dr Who is a bit like walking down the high street in the nude.

It's mainly non-existent.