Dad's Army Page 18

First Look At Toby Jones, Michael Gambon And Company In The Dad's Amy Remake

Very nice but this is not the film thread, Ducky.

Sat through again Time On My Hands which never tires however many times it's been on. I was about to do something else when it came on, and whatever it was I was meant to do did not happen. There are gems that deserve your full attention and this classic ep is one. Timelessly brilliant even though it's all of a very bygone age.
Smash.
Hooligan!
What was the message in that one, Pike?
Oh there wasn't one, I was just trying to hit Hodges.
Goood. Laughing out loud

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th October 2014, 9:33 AM GMT

Very nice but this is not the film thread, Ducky.

Oops. Sorry.

It seems that Pike supported Aston Villa, according to the purple and blue of his scarf.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd February 2015, 4:42 PM GMT

It seems that Pike supported Aston Villa, according to the purple and blue of his scarf.

West Ham? Would be nearer to the south coast. Whistling nnocently

Correct. Ian Lavender is a lifelong fan, I believe.

Been enjoying my Saturday night "treat" of the early slot for Dad's Army before any serious viewing with what seemed to be random episodes, but last week they showed the very first one and this week the very last. How odd.

Perhaps this series of repeats has come to an end. :(

I will have to dig out my DVD set. :)

Series 1 Episode 2 next week. Seems they've just opted for the finale to show the contrast.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd February 2015, 4:48 PM GMT

West Ham? Would be nearer to the south coast. Whistling nnocently

That's what I would've said but......

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd February 2015, 6:01 PM GMT

Correct. Ian Lavender is a lifelong fan, I believe.

... I bow to Aaron's superior football knowledge. ;)

Anyway I've just inherited the complete box set so that's something else for my retirement.

Quote: Aaron @ 9th May 2015, 8:35 PM BST

Series 1 Episode 2 next week. Seems they've just opted for the finale to show the contrast.

Umm, you are right - my TV guide said it was the last in the present series.
:S

Well your TV guide was technically right. It's just that they aren't repeating them as individual series!

Quote: Aaron @ 10th May 2015, 4:50 PM BST

Well your TV guide was technically right. It's just that they aren't repeating them as individual series!

I will now go and lie down in a darkened room.
>_<

Just watched the 2nd episode on 2 and it reminded me how quite refined Pike's voice was in the first series - has anyone else noticed this?

Not the drippy voice he later had - I wonder when it changed?

I just watched that too. I wish I'd seen the first episode prior ro that.

That was two weeks ago - last week the showed the final episode, if you can figure that out. >_<