Why has this twank been promoted?

What a waste of space, and now his "show" is on BBC2 - Russell Howard.

Wanker Extraordinaire.

I wouldn't go that far. He seems like a nice bloke but I can take or leave his comedy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2014, 6:43 PM BST

What a waste of space, and now his "show" is on BBC2 - Russell Howard.

Wanker Extraordinaire.

Just perhaps, there are a significant number of people who disagree with you? At least 1.27 million of them.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th October 2014, 10:06 PM BST

Just perhaps, there are a significant number of people who disagree with you? At least 1.27 million of them.

There's no accounting for taste. :P

There's counting though!

It may not be great news for BBC2 viewers but it's a fantastic boost for the tee-shirt industry.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2014, 11:41 PM BST

There's no accounting for taste. :P

I'm with Hercules on this one. However, I do realise that he's really popular. They do seem to be "promoting" some shows to the major channels prior to the DTV closure of BBC3.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 26th October 2014, 7:52 AM GMT

I'm with Hercules on this one. However, I do realise that he's really popular. They do seem to be "promoting" some shows to the major channels prior to the DTV closure of BBC3.

:D

Quote: Marc P @ 25th October 2014, 11:47 PM BST

There's c**ting though!

I've taken the extra 'o' out...... seems more applicable given the subject. :P

I can't remember laughing at anything he's done or said, no matter how much comedic inflection he puts in his punchlines... he does seem to be popular though. He seemed better suited to BBC3 though and all the garbled youth nonsense they put out.

Maybe he had a good run at the end of the season.

I normally enjoy this guy.
'Twank'? What's that, a wank over Miley Cyrus?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th December 2014, 11:23 AM GMT

I normally enjoy this guy.
'Twank'? What's that, a wank over Miley Cyrus?

Dunno how you managed to work her into it. :|

Maybe it us just a local word, but I like to think I made it up out of "Twat" and "Wank". :D

To me he is a annoying talentless tit.

I personally prefer my news filtered through gags and one liners rather than on the actual, you know, news, but a frend of mine went to see him do a dry run gig. She said after waiting through hours of warm-ups (who were apparently very good) he walked on stage, received a single, inoffensive heckle, dropped the mic and walked off the stage muttering expletives to himself, leaving the compere to pick up the pieces. Not professional.

Quote: DanShentonLives @ 14th December 2014, 12:46 PM GMT

I personally prefer my news filtered through gags and one liners rather than on the actual, you know, news, but a frend of mine went to see him do a dry run gig. She said after waiting through hours of warm-ups (who were apparently very good) he walked on stage, received a single, inoffensive heckle, dropped the mic and walked off the stage muttering expletives to himself, leaving the compere to pick up the pieces. Not professional.

Nuff said..........I rest my case. Unimpressed

Is this thread for general use (twank of all sorts) or just for Russell Howard related rubbish? If it's the latter can the title be changed to make that clear?

We have a lot of threads with misleading titles at the moment imo.