Female comedians Page 40

Quote: amin @ 18th July 2010, 10:24 PM BST

Is it just me or does anyone else think female comedians and females in general are just not funny?

You haven't met me.
Cool

Female comics I enjoy are: Aisling Bea, Katherine Ryan, Miranda, Sarah Millican. Celia Pacquola and Nina Conti. Nina Conti is especially brilliant

Quote: ZaraLea @ 23rd October 2014, 6:20 PM BST

You haven't met me.
Cool

Are you sure?

Quote: Marc P @ 23rd October 2014, 10:22 PM BST

Are you sure?

I'm at least 87% certain.

Just be careful out there Zara :)

The Joys of being a woman,how long have you got?

Child birth,damn painful (although not as painful as kidney stones-quote Karl Pilkington)

You hit 40 (im 42),I develop all the classic signs of going through the menopause, Irrational, moody,start looking at much younger men on the internet(gosh ive had these symptoms for years).

Go to the doctors she diagnoses something completely different(excellent stillgot the menopause to look forward too),all this is happening lying on me back,legs in stirrups-got some student doctor whos younger than my son leering at me,making notes about me bits like Oscar shindler writing his list,ended up having something *fitted*, don't think it was a wardrobe,walked out like I just ridden a bucking bronco and lost.

No, You're absolutely right,women make crap comedians (enns)

I've recently listened to the latest two heats of the Radio 2 new comedy awards thingy and have to say that the ladies were, in the main, as funny as the blokes IMHO.

Quote: Stringy bits @ 25th October 2014, 9:58 PM BST

The Joys of being a woman,how long have you got?

Child birth,damn painful (although not as painful as kidney stones-quote Karl Pilkington)

You hit 40 (im 42),I develop all the classic signs of going through the menopause, Irrational, moody,start looking at much younger men on the internet(gosh ive had these symptoms for years).

Go to the doctors she diagnoses something completely different(excellent stillgot the menopause to look forward too),all this is happening lying on me back,legs in stirrups-got some student doctor whos younger than my son leering at me,making notes about me bits like Oscar shindler writing his list,ended up having something *fitted*, don't think it was a wardrobe,walked out like I just ridden a bucking bronco and lost.

No, You're absolutely right,women make crap comedians (enns)

This is just a description - or imagined self observation if you like - a student doctor wouldn't be there without your permission, and you don't get student doctors, it would be a newly qualified doctor -with some kind of forced metaphors in lets just say familiar ground. I don't mean to pick nits - that's the nurses job bless her. It's gyro comedy which I would say needs to move on a phase or left aside unless there is something new to say. Women make crap comedians. They make great comedians. I have a suspicion that they are probably people too. Should there be politics in comedy - yes sometimes. Put the message in the bottle though.. Not the bottle in the message. Or the face come to that or we are back to our friend the junior doctor and her kind. I assume it was a she from your material?

Has anyone else read the Viv Groskop book "I Laughed, I cried"? I thought that it was excellent and tackled the subject of how difficult it can be for a woman to get into stand-up. Not that it's easy for blokes either, but it was pretty poignant.

https://www.facebook.com/sciencedump/photos/a.296290153732762.90161.111815475513565/943902145638223/?type=1&theater

No, a good read?

Ok Marc (with a c) that made me smile ;)

Quote: Stringy bits @ 25th October 2014, 11:29 PM BST

No, a good read?

Yes indeed, recommended by me; the author's a journalist by profession, so it's very well written. Sometimes I thought "you're screwing up your home life here, is it really worth it just to prove that you can complete 100 gigs in as many days?"

Quote: Stringy bits @ 25th October 2014, 11:29 PM BST

No, a good read?

Ok Marc (with a c) that made me smile ;)

:$

Interestingly, I was trying to advocate Nina Conti to a couple of female friends the other day and they immediately said 'female comedians aren't funny' and I found myself in a weird discussion arguing that women are funny to women.

Ugh. Don't let them breed.