Bad Education - Series 3 Page 2

I thought in all fairness the episode was one of the worst and it's had its fair share of over the top comedy but the strike and the Segway were just nonsense. The children have changed too much in their mannerisms that it's not even funny, they're just too out of character. I will be tuning into the rest but I'm not holding my breath. For a favourite sitcom of mine this was a major let down. Disappointing.

I think that's a tad unfair. A lot of the pupils always have been caricatures from episode one - I don't think character development has ever been that much of a strong suit for this show - Ms Gulliver though does seem to change character radically from episode to episode though depending on what they need her to do.

I do think some of it is a bit OTT, but it's much more of a cartoon universe so you can accept it being not that realistic, whereas something like Big School tries to be a lot more grounded in reality and for me it's much more baffling that within its own universe that some of the teachers are employed there.

Shame they seem to have got rid of Samantha Spiro (did that happen off screen or at the end of last series? Can't remember). Although more Harry Enfield is always welcome.

Episode 2 was definitely not the best episode ever... shame to see Mitchell leave. Once again, some great lines and Cardinal and Burns were good too.

Sadly, I have to agree both episodes so far just haven't grabbed me. There is some hilarious parts but they then get ruled out by the really bad parts i.e. Fraser's rather ridiculous larpers club. On the whole, just so disappointing to see one of my favourite shows starting to go down the pan!

Quote: george roper @ 12th September 2014, 2:57 AM BST

I thought Series 2 was to be the lastever series?

Jack was going to the big leagues with a US remake, which um . . . it didn't get past the pilot . . . "BBC Three was the only team I ever wanted to play for . . ."

If Pretoria has taught me anything, it's to shit with the door open.

:O

Best line of the last episode. :D

Quote: Scartledge @ 1st October 2014, 7:59 AM BST

If Pretoria has taught me anything, it's to shit with the door open.

:O

Best line of the last episode. :D

I thought so too . . .

Curious, is this the last season?

If so, then it sucks having to watch this end in one more last episode.

It is almost certainly the final series, yes.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th October 2014, 11:05 AM BST

It is almost certainly the final series, yes.

Good, because as a series - I think this one has been a stinker compared to the brilliant first two series. It will be nice to see it wrap up altogether though on Tuesday.

Re the latest episode, 3.5 the Exam. During the exam we see a woman answer the phone (was she the head mistress, a secretary?) leave her desk go into the exam room and whisper something to the obnoxious invigilator. She had a small speaking part but she was not credited in the credits and the Comedy Guide (often more detailed with casts) is also silent as to her identity. I hate it when they leave info like that out.

Does anybody know who the actress was?

Thanks.

No, but well remembered. I shall endeavour to find out.

Thanks, Aaron!

I have an answer! The receptionist was played by a lady called Frances Ward.

Well done, Aaron! I have (attempted) to give her an uncredited credit at the IMDB but as she has no credited credit there as yet it may not go through. Their rules say you have to have at least one credit to open a filmography....

We shall see.