Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 6

I am looking forward to the new series but slightly hesitant about the new cast changes, although I think they do need another character for Lee to bounce his jokes off as Series 6 was missing something.

Quote: Maximusmaxston @ 30th September 2014, 1:58 PM BST

I am looking forward to the new series but slightly hesitant about the new cast changes, although I think they do need another character for Lee to bounce his jokes off as Series 6 was missing something.

I don't think Hugh Dennis and Abigail Cruttenden are in every episode so they're probably bringing them in gradually like they did with Daisy.

Any chance of Tim Vine making a secret surprise appearance? Certainly hope so - Lee and he made a great double act in the series. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2014, 11:55 AM BST

Any chance of Tim Vine making a secret surprise appearance? Certainly hope so - Lee and he made a great double act in the series. :D

He's a regular on Celebrity Squares now. Looks like the easiest gig on television.

Being in a box could prove useful if an act dies a death...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 5th October 2014, 3:19 PM BST

Being a box could prove useful if an act dies a death...

I like Tim Vine, Joe Wilkinson and Warwick Davis, but they are wasted on that show.

The set is really strange as well. It looks like Hitchcock's Rear Window set in a camped up version of Tron.

Not Going Out series 6 DVD is available to pre order on Amazon it's being released 17th of November I think. Also, they're doing a Christmas Special DVD.

Details: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/buy/

When the bumf the Beeb released says 'series finale' at Christmas, do they mean of this series or the last ever episode?

Ah, the sitcom trope of someone not fit for purpose having to take up boxing.
The only laugh was from the Rocky stairs gag . . .
Stretching incredulity to try to keep the "plot" going . . . having the police saying how impossible it would be to find these scally wags . . . well, maybe tell them they're constantly hanging around at the underpass . . .
The Pointless episode looks a bit more promising, the again Richard Osman seems to brighten up any show he's on.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2014, 11:55 AM BST

A great way of making of secret surprise appearance is to leak the information out...

Quote: Dave @ 17th October 2014, 11:58 PM BST

When the bumf the Beeb released says 'series finale' at Christmas, do they mean of this series or the last ever episode?

Both.

Recorded first episode last night.

My wife and I watched it this morning and gave up after about 15 minutes.

REALLY stretching the format now. Getting sick to death of Lee Mack trying to impress Lucy, that only works for so long and they have been doing it since series 2.

What on earth is Daisy still doing in it as Tim Vine (her boyfriend) has left the series. Having said that she was good as Tim's "dumb" girlfriend, I think she is a good comedienne.

They should have brought in another male to replace Tim Vine, maybe a new boyfriend for Lucy or Daisy. Maybe a posh character like Miles Jupp, would be a good foil for "working class" Lee Mack. I think Lee needs another male to "bounce off".

Or maybe a girlfriend for Lee Mack, after all he has never had one in all 7 series (no wonder he mentions having "one of the wrist" so much).

If this episode is one of the best, to draw viewers in, it has failed miserably.

Quote: Guilbert @ 18th October 2014, 11:35 AM BST

If this episode is one of the best, to draw viewers in, it has failed miserably.

Sadly, I have to agree. The whole format has been getting rather tired since Series 6, there was some funny moments in last night's opener but simply not enough to keep it flowing for 30 minutes. On the whole, it did fall rather flat but I am looking forward to the new characters being introduced into the series to see if that makes the format work a bit better, at least Lee will have another male person to bounce his jokes off as like some of the others on here have said, it just doesn't work as well with just Lee and the two girls.

I actually dug it. I can understand some people getting tired of it, but I think it's good fun either way and am happy it's back.