What are you eating? Page 702

Quote: sootyj @ 12th September 2014, 11:36 PM BST

Are you sure it was Taco Bell when I was there last it was beef and chicken and you couldn't miss the piles of dayglo coloured hot sauce packs.

Well it said Taco Bell above the counter and on all the packaging, so I'd say yes!

A Morrison's scone with Mackay's Scottish Raspberry Preserve.

A Mr Kipling Bramley apple pie.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 17th September 2014, 3:14 PM BST

A Mr Kipling Bramley apple pie.

Great aren't they - and the cherry ones.

It's like they have been on that special £1 offer for ever.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 17th September 2014, 3:27 PM BST

Yup, so they're not a special offer - few are these days. :(

Long tailed scampi with new Charlotte potatoes and mushy peas, and a dollop of Tartar(e) sauce.

Scrummy. :)

Had a roast pork dinner earlier. Bloody lovely. Roast potatoes done in goose fat - can't beat 'em.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 17th September 2014, 3:27 PM BST

Great aren't they - and the cherry ones.

The Lidl ones look the same and are 65p. Agent Oldrocker will report back.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 18th September 2014, 12:13 AM BST

The Lidl ones look the same and are 65p. Agent Oldrocker will report back.

"Like Brands, Only Cheaper".........oh no, that's Aldi.

I love Lidl's fake Twixes and fake Milky Ways. Yum.

I've always found that those Aldi lookalike brands are never as good as the real thing. However, I did buy some diced chicken breast from there the other day and it was certainly value for money.

Quiche Lorraine, potato wedges and tinned plum tomatoes

Tonight Matthew I'm having jacket potato a la Delia which will be scraped out and chopped ham and spring onion added, refilled, topped with grated cheddar and grilled until bubbling.

I've never made a scooped out jacket potato thing before, but have been served corn beef or tuna ones about a million times. This Delia version sounds like a welcome change.

Quote: Ben @ 18th September 2014, 10:29 PM BST

I've never made a scooped out jacket potato thing before, but have been served corn beef or tuna ones about a million times. This Delia version sounds like a welcome change.

The Delia bit is to prick the terta then put in a plastic bag and shake it with with oil and salt.

Snacking on pumpkin seeds.