Last Laugh Page 6

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th September 2014, 12:12 AM BST

This Last laugh sounds like a good opportunity
Is it too late to enter?

:D :D :D only by about nine years xxx

The Last Laugh competition was indeed a most splendid affair. It began with a fanfare but ended with few fans and not much fairness.

Perhaps, if they'd screened the shows when normal people were likely to be awake instead of at God-knows-what o'clock in the morning, it would have been more popular among the 60 million viewers who hadn't entered the competition?

The TV progs aside, the competition itself gave we few (we happy few) entrants a lot of fun and led some of that band of brothers and sisters to friendships, online love affairs, real life love affairs, divorce, re-marriage, children and even long-term hate campaigns directed against those they had loved and lost. What larks!

Who was K J Smyling? A pleasant and talented chap to be sure but for years I assumed his name was a comedy-based pseudonym based upon 'J K Rowling'. Memories fade but I seem to recall being surprised by one day finding what appeared to be reason to suspect that K J Smyling might actually be his real name. Will we ever know?

Hi, Rood. Could you check your pulse just for sure?

It wasn't that one where you finish the sitcoms? I found them a bit uninspiring, if so.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th September 2014, 8:30 AM BST

Hi, Rood. Could you check your pulse just for sure?

It wasn't that one where you finish the sitcoms? I found them a bit uninspiring, if so.

Yes it was a comp to finish a sitcom. :D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th September 2014, 12:12 AM BST

This Last laugh sounds like a good opportunity
Is it too late to enter?

Too late by about 9 years ?

I think their marketing division may need a rest?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th September 2014, 1:34 PM BST

I think their marketing division may need a rest?

??

AKA this thread...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th September 2014, 3:01 PM BST

AKA this thread...

??

This thread is marketing a defunct comp!! Do you get it now?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th September 2014, 6:04 PM BST

May hap, but actually this thread is for them wot was on the competition & became on-line friends (and enemas) to chat together about old times.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th September 2014, 7:59 AM BST

Who was K J Smyling? A pleasant and talented chap to be sure but for years I assumed his name was a comedy-based pseudonym based upon 'J K Rowling'. Memories fade but I seem to recall being surprised by one day finding what appeared to be reason to suspect that K J Smyling might actually be his real name. Will we ever know?

I'm pretty sure he posted on here for a while.

Do you write sitcoms?

How is it marketing a defunct completion. So no. Not getting it? What's your point here, have you read the thread through, even what the OP said at its genesis at least?

Anyway, the original Roodeye on these boards was banned, so surely Rood Eye should be as well as? He's the same person, right? Mods?