Dave Gorman - Modern Life Is Goodish

Been watching this on Dave for the past few weeks and wondered what the reaction to this has been. I have a love/hate relationship with Dave Gorman, (loved "I'm Dave Gorman", hated everything else).

This new show is weird. It looks and feels like a comedy prog but the content is a strange mix of clips from the internet and other internet related stuff. I think Dave G has spent lots of time on what he wants to say, he seems to want the audience to agree with his view on the banality of modern life, and to some extent I appreciate his commitment. The problem for me is that after an initial, 'yeah, I noticed that too' response, his elaborations are tenuous and long winded with the 'punchline' being too vague/subtle/rubbish.

I will continue to watch for as long as I can stand it but so far Dave (the channel) has been a disappointment for new comedy shows.

I've only seen the one about the lookalikes. I thought it was very funny. Parts of it (reading out internet comments) were very Adam Buxton's 'Bug', but that's a good thing.

I like Gorman he can be funny and informative at the same time. But this is not the best stuff he's done and he can definitely do better.
It just lacks any real bite and the little there is was in the trailers

I really enjoyed the first episode, thought it was funny, looking forward to watching the second one.

I've enjoyed them both, although I wish he'd taken the second one through to its full conclusion somehow.

I agree that the first show was a lot better than the second. So far its the best of a bad bunch for Dave (the channel).

I applaud every effort Dave take to make comedy - it's been a long time since the days of Play UK and BBC Choice.

They do seem to be trying I'll give them that.

I like it. I like Dave Gorman's style though and it feels nice to have him doing this once-a-week rather than 'just another' out-and-out stand-up act.

Dan

I keep forgetting about this and have yet to see it repeated, which is pretty extraordinary to say it's on Dave.

Hmmmm not sure. It seems like he keeps losing his thread as every other minute he throws in a 'Ladies and gentlemen'. I don't think it flows. It's rather stuttering in it's delivery. Seems like a less proficient Mark Thomas.

Didn't care an awful lot for episode 1, but I've just seen episode 2 (celebrities and lookalikes), and it had me laughing quite a bit. Funny stuff. Now onto the third.

Have we any views on S2? (I didn't see S1) I thought last week's episode was brilliant: I especially enjoyed Gorman's skit about 'misery mags' and gerbils...

I really enjoyed this week's episode that covered stupid phone-in quizzes. I also enjoyed the stupid Captain Morgan's Rum phone-in quiz they had during the ad break.

I can't believe that it's ending tomorrow as it's one of the highlights of my week (which tells you a *lot* about my life...) Thank goodness it's back next year. Until recently I had been fairly indifferent to Dave Gorman, perhaps it's an age thing?