Cilla

Cilla is a British drama television film about the early career of Cilla Black. It will be broadcast in three parts on ITV from 15th of september Sheridan Smith playing Cilla Black.

Have seen the trailer for it. Looks like a great drama to watch. I loved Mrs Biggs, which Sheridan Smith was in.

Quote: george roper @ 15th September 2014, 3:50 PM BST

Have seen the trailer for it. Looks like a great drama to watch. I loved Mrs Biggs, which Sheridan Smith was in.

Not a comedy-drama though, George so it shouldn't really be on here. This is just a 'straight' drama.

THAT

Apart from which, if they could have wrapped it up in a one hour drama/doc I might have watched, but cannot devote three hours of my life, or whatever it is.

Cilla did have a comedy show to be fair. And is friends with golf legend 'Tarby'.

Quote: Marc P @ 15th September 2014, 5:27 PM BST

Cilla did have a comedy show to be fair.

At least two, in fact.

Yes, but "Cilla" is not a comedy.

Cilla had at least two comedy shows and is most famous as a popular entertainer with strongly based, in the main, comedy shows. Blind Date for example. Plus she is friends with golfing legend 'Tarby' who has COMIC as the registered vehicle identification plate on his Rolls Royce car.

I've heard she is a total bitch

There's loads of non-comedies discussed on the forums here.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th September 2014, 5:01 PM BST

Apart from which, if they could have wrapped it up in a one hour drama/doc I might have watched, but cannot devote three hours of my life, or whatever it is.

My feelings exactly.

Some of her stuff I think is brilliant pop such as "You're my world" and "It's For You".

Quote: Chappers @ 15th September 2014, 11:04 PM BST

There's loads of non-comedies discussed on the forums here.

My feelings exactly.

Some of her stuff I think is brilliant pop such as "You're my world" and "It's For You".

Yes, and I know Burt Bacharach wanted Cilla to be the one to sing "Alfie", and a very good recording she made of it.

As someone said on the radio yesterday - her singing voice is better than her speaking. Pleased

Quote: Marc P @ 15th September 2014, 10:05 PM BST

Cilla had at least two comedy shows and is most famous as a popular entertainer with strongly based, in the main, comedy shows. Blind Date for example. Plus she is friends with golfing legend 'Tarby' who has COMIC as the registered vehicle identification plate on his Rolls Royce car.

She also knows Paul Daniels who has the plate MAGIC, but what does that prove.

Blind Date a comedy show?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2014, 9:04 AM BST

She also knows Paul Daniels who has the plate MAGIC, but what does that prove.

Blind Date a comedy show?

It's not a documentary HGT. Look up light entertainment if it helps. The Generation Game ... That kind of thing. :D

Quote: Marc P @ 16th September 2014, 10:35 AM BST

It's not a documentary HGT. Look up light entertainment if it helps. The Generation Game ... That kind of thing. :D

Did I say it was? And don't patronise me. Angry

I enjoy a bit of banter, but when it becomes personal.........

I think you'll find you patronised me first with your incredulous reaction to me calling Blind Date comedy based, old bean. Nothing personal just part of the debate about whether Cilla should be discussed on a comedy forum. My contention is that her being a comedy 'star' should be taken into consideration, unless you are right and I am completely missing some point somewhere? Ps you should never take anything too personal on the internet and banter is always to some degree taking the piss. :)

Bear in mind this forum has threads on Doctor Who, Football, The News and who Groper fancies too.

I think someone even started a thread on DIY :)

If it helps, I laughed a few times last night during the show. There were some genuinely funny moments.
The man saying 'pucking' because of 'ladies present'. Her manager doing a deal and leaving her worse off - but paying the difference himself. Comical stuff.

So maybe it's a comedy-drama-docu-true-story type thing.

Emma from The Royle Family has come a long way - make no wonder she f**ked Ant' off.