How to Be James Bond (Feedback Appreciated)

Greetings,

Here's a short I made on how to "Be a Bond." Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_KZBeYrnTI

Best,
Andy

I think it would be more funny if I watched more Bond movies because I missed a lot of the references.

Nicely put together, and a good idea for a YouTube vid, but could do with some jokes. Seems as though you're too respectful to the Bond canon, rip into the acting styles and scripts a bit, maybe.

"Choose Connery or Moore. Remember, there is no right or wrong answer. You have chosen Moore...turns out there was a wtrong answer." Huh?

Nice idea but too long for YouTube unfortunately. Trim them down to the essentials/funniest parts and then trim again until it is about a minute long and people want to keep watching because they like what they see, the first funny should come in at about 10 seconds unless there is a good punchline.

Warning, Spoilers....

Writing is great. Very funny. I watched some of the others and every time John Lennon smacked Yoko I choked laughing. Frankenstein sketch doesn't work after the camp hello, but that alone was hilarious. And the first 9 seconds of all about the bass would be a great Segway clip, with full wardrobe and green screen, into another sketch.

Cops parody: 'this is a routine traffic stop, I waved at him and he didn't wave back.' that on it's own would be brilliant, or 'when he repeats after him and the cop says 'impersonating an officer.' I thought that was funny as hell.

The Dan Dathers character instantly annoyed me but I stayed sure you'd have a joke in there, nothing came off but I thought how brilliant it would be if he was just sitting watching Scooby Do with a child, transfixed and then pointed incredulously; 'CHAP IN A MASK!' Like it had wasted his time.

The World War Two only needs the last five seconds of Hitler pranking.

Gavin Mcleod 'good day tubes... if you get lost bark grows on the outside of a tree.'

Anyway, my point, the little nuances in your characters that made me laugh were fantastic and seemed to be really original. But when you stretch it over 5 minutes it seems hackneyed. You don't really need to draw the scenarios out so much because people are already familiar with the premises like Cops or survival shows or genre like horror, the expectation is already built in so you can hit the joke much quicker.

I'd bet you could make a show reel of much smaller clips that would make a really good sketch show worthy of being produced professionally. It is at least as good as the auditions that get people on SNL.

funny :D

This was very well put together and quite impressive. The impersonations aren't bad atall and there were funny moments. I thought it could have been a bit funnier though. As was mentioned by Gappy you could have taken the mick a bit more.

'If you choose Connery it is key to have your hair piece well glued on. If you have a full head of hair try another Bond.'

There are some genuinely lovely bits in this and I liked the style and flow of it. With a few more jokes this could be great.

Very funny!

Very funny!