Dad's Army Page 17

Quote: Tim Azure @ September 4 2013, 8:15 PM BST

I'm fairly sure that the Radio Times is already editing next week's edition and so if there was any truth, they would have announced it.

Even more likely, the BBC Press Office would have announced it 6 to 12 months ago, but yes, that too!

Final schedules have now been confirmed, and the episode on the 14th is Series 2 Episode 4, Sgt. Wilson's Little Secret, not the still-lost Episode 3.

I do wish those three missing Series 2 episodes could be found, but I fear we've now passed the point where that's remotely likely.

Quote: Aaron @ September 12 2013, 3:55 PM BST

Final schedules have now been confirmed, and the episode on the 14th is Series 2 Episode 4, Sgt. Wilson's Little Secret, not the still-lost Episode 3.

I do wish those three missing Series 2 episodes could be found, but I fear we've now passed the point where that's remotely likely.

BBC recently discovered old Beatles recordings. And when they announced the new Doctor Who, it was in the guise of a repeat Celebrity Mastermind. So, not impossible, but doubtful!

There was an episode a couple of weeks ago where they were on manoeuvres and there were some regular COs there too.

I saw 2 instances that I'm sure inspired Harry Enfield.

They were talking about Manwairing pronouncing it Mannering and the CO mentioned someone he knew called Cholmondley who pronounced it Chumley.

Harry Enfield had a character called Mr Chalmondley-Warner.

In the same episode there was a drinking game where they had to remember a phrase and add to it and Mainwaring kept getting it wrong and got progressively drunk.

This reminded me of a similar sketch with Martin Clunes.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2014, 3:51 PM BST

In the same episode there was a drinking game where they had to remember a phrase and add to it and Mainwaring kept getting it wrong and got progressively drunk.

Cardinal Puff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFurMPPzJ8

I'm currently rewatching DA. Completely forgot about this first conversation between Mainwaring and Fraser:

Mainwaring: What is your occupation?

Fraser: I own a philatelists' shop.

Mainwaring: How do you spell that?

Fraser: S - H - O - P

Laughing out loud

Fraser had little respect for Mainwaring right from the start.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th August 2014, 8:44 PM BST

I'm currently rewatching DA. Completely forgot about this first conversation between Mainwaring and Fraser:

Mainwaring: What is your occupation?

Fraser: I own a philatelists' shop.

Mainwaring: How do you spell that?

Fraser: S - H - O - P

Laughing out loud

I thought he was an Undertaker. Did they change it? Was that the pilot?

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2014, 8:53 PM BST

Yes, pilot/first episode. Interestingly in the first series Yeatman was the caretaker, they later changed him to verger.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th August 2014, 8:56 PM BST

Yes, pilot/first episode. Interestingly in the first series Yeatman was the caretaker, they later changed him to verger.

Wonder why? Reading Arthur Lowe biog. at mo, so perhaps it might mention it - will check my DA annual as well.

Lots of things change after pilots. They see what works and what doesn't. Also some actors might not be available or willing to go in for the finished series.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2014, 8:53 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/dads_army/characters/

Quote: Aaron @ 28th August 2014, 9:42 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/dads_army/characters/

OK - thanks Aaron.

And by the way whose idea was the "Explore Top Brazilian Singles"?

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2014, 9:47 PM BST

And by the way whose idea was the "Explore Top Brazilian Singles"?

Sorry?

Quote: Aaron @ 28th August 2014, 9:48 PM BST

Sorry?

Ummm, now I'm intrigued......... :S