Boomers Page 2

Was it just because it was Pensioners Bushbaby? Things go in cycles. What someone thinks of as old hat can become fashionable again.

I can't remember, Chappers. :D It's a while ago now

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2014, 9:22 PM BST

Enjoying this but Nigel Planer is a different generation.

Only five years younger than Russ.

Quite enjoyed this.

I enjoyed it too. It seems more like drama with a bit of comedy though

Quote: bushbaby @ 16th August 2014, 11:50 PM BST

I enjoyed it too. It seems more like drama with a bit of comedy though

Agreed. Not Ha Ha funny.

So so - will watch the second episode and then decide whether to see it to the bitter end.

It does have the lovely sitcom veteran Paula Wilcox in it.

So pleased she's still finding good shows. I still remember her in Man About The House.

I forgot to mention that June Whitfield makes her first appearance in the second episode so, for me, it can only get better. :D

She's 88 now and still going strong.

And worked with most of the greatest names in British comedy - my God, the tales she could tell! What a wonderful life she has had.

No I'm sorry, I just can't get into this. It just doesn't make me laugh, I'd be surprised if the viewer ratings slump this week. It's one of these sitcoms that run for six weeks and gets the chop.
Good actors, good location, awful script!

It is a bit predictable at times - people saying the wrong things at the wrong time - but it still seems very real.

That boring bloke (I don't think I've ever seen him in anything before) is so incredibly good at being boring. What an actor.

I thought tonight's was very funny. Like a completely different series from Episode 1.

I didn't laugh once at tonight's ep and hubby kept yawning. I don't think I'll bother watching any more eps. I should think it was funny on paper but not when it's acted out. There's always a vast difference. I swear my sitcom was funnier. How do new writers ever get 'in' ?

Quote: bushbaby @ 22nd August 2014, 10:49 PM BST

I didn't laugh once at tonight's ep and hubby kept yawning. I don't think I'll bother watching any more eps. I should think it was funny on paper but not when it's acted out. There's always a vast difference. I swear my sitcom was funnier. How do new writers ever get 'in' ?

With the majority of sitcoms currently - all the writers on here could produce funnier scripts, I guarantee any 'criticism' you got on your script - you see in Boomers.

Cuckoo's minor success at the moment is providing more anxiety to me than when I have an existential crises - they've used Ken getting high twice now to drive the plot and humour - 'getting high' the work of a short-sighted Seth Rogan type bell-end who still thinks getting high is funny, guess what, any one can get high - never mind the simple and easy cop out nature of using such a device.

But hey, if you don't write about getting high then producers aren't interested, it's so naughty to get high.