Greatest physical comedy British sitcoms?

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend the best sitcoms to watch that have a strong element of physical (though not necessarily silent) comedy to them.

Some things in the style of shows like Some Mothers do ave em, Last of the Summer Wine (at its best) or The Wrong Mans for example...

Lee Evans - So What Now?

Patricia Routledge gives a brilliant physical performance in "Keeping up Appearances"

The Plank, Mr H is Late, It's Your Move and most things featuring Charlie Drake.

Mr. Bean - Great physical comedy from small things he does such as certain looks to his goofy dances, to the bigger set-piece silliness like driving the car from the recliner.

The Young Ones - must have been a lot of injuries in that series!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th August 2014, 6:57 PM BST

The Young Ones - must have been a lot of injuries in that series!

Basically anything with Adrian Edmondson and Rik Mayall.

Interesting. I wouldn't have described that as particularly physical; certainly not in the manner that Michael Crawford or Norman Wisdom could be physical, really treating their bodies like rubber.

Cleese's running around in Fawlty Towers could be described as physical comedy.

Thanks for the suggestions...

Yes, I think physical comedy can cover anything from the pratfalls of Norman Wisdom, Michael Crawford, Rowan Atkinson etc. to many other types of stuff.

For example, I would say that Worst Week of my Life contains a lot of physical stuff even though there aren't many traditional falls.

Could anyone recommend any newer or rarer shows that have a lot of physical/visual stuff in them? Some of my friends love British comedies but English isn't their first language so some visual humour always works well with them...

Keep an eye out for Pompidou.

Maybe Clockwise? A while since I watched it but I think a lot of laughs come from visual and easily understandable things rather than complex wordplay.

Quote: Nick @ 21st August 2014, 1:52 AM BST

Could anyone recommend any newer or rarer shows that have a lot of physical/visual stuff in them? Some of my friends love British comedies but English isn't their first language so some visual humour always works well with them...

Mrs. Brown's Boys has a fair amount of visual gags. And Father Ted is another one that has some great visual comedy moments.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th August 2014, 7:40 PM BST

Interesting. I wouldn't have described that as particularly physical; certainly not in the manner that Michael Crawford or Norman Wisdom could be physical, really treating their bodies like rubber.

Hmmm, that is interesting, presuming that you have watched every episode of TYO.

Crashing through walls and ceilings, smacking each other around the head and body, various head butting, falling etc.etc.

Is that not physical?

Kenneth Connor played a klutz in the film Nearly a Nasty Accident.

There was a series of sixties/seventies short films like A Home Of My Own and Simon Simon which were mainly silent.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st August 2014, 8:21 AM BST

Hmmm, that is interesting, presuming that you have watched every episode of TYO.

Crashing through walls and ceilings, smacking each other around the head and body, various head butting, falling etc.etc.

Is that not physical?

Physical, but also fake (smacking each other, head-butting). I think of it as slapstick violence rather than physical comedy. A very fine line of separation.