What are you listening to now? Page 1,136

Angry Irishmen with guitars

Great album

Quote: Chappers @ 7th August 2014, 9:41 PM BST

Gene October was a great singer. Wasn't he in Generation X or was Billy Idol in Chelsea before they made any records.

Guy I used to know at my local video/dvd shop about five years ago, directed an arty short film that Gene starred in, that he shot around 2009. (Never saw it.)

Salt-N-Pepa - Let's Talk About Sex

FAB featuring MC Parker-Thunderbirds Are Go

Madness - The Sun and the Rain

"My Little Red Book of Winners" by Manfred Mann. A few years ago I got a box set of 4 Manfred Mann CDs, the other 3 being "The Five Faces of Mann", "The Manfred Mann Album" and "Pretty Flamingo".

Then recently I found another MM album called "The Five Faces of Manfred Mann" which was totally different. It turns out the box set features the US version and the new one is the UK version.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Revelation (full demo album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAv4bHtobP0

btw, they're #39 on the NME List. I know you all hold the NME in great esteem here. :)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 9th August 2014, 9:51 PM BST

btw, they're #39 on the NME List. I know you all hold the NME in great esteem here. :)

I used to buy it every week for about 8 years, but then I started to get a bit sick of the bands they were covering and they tried to stitch Morrissey up again. I gave up on it after that. I quickly flick through it in the shop every now and then, but the days of buying it are long gone.

I get their newsletter - some funny, interesting bits on the website. Enter their comps, but haven't won anything yet. My daughter got a 3 month subscription to the print edition as an Christmas present from her cousin, and I'd borrow her copy. Quite a lot of retrospective stuff in there about the Smiths, Roses, Joy Division etc.

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Midnight in Harlem

Robert Johnson - Cross Road Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A

B.A.B.Y - The Best of Rachel Sweet. Most of her best stuff from Stiff although she also did some great stuff on CBS/Columbia.

B.A.B.Y and now the Damned's New Rose. Looking forward to her version of "I go to pieces" which I love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvg47M0HObI

Elvis Costello's "Stranger in the House".

If you don't know her she's got a great voice.

Strange Brew - Cream on Disraeli Gears. Now Sunshine of your Love.

One of the first "proper" albums I bought and I still love it.

Sister Seagull - Be-Bop Deluxe.

Viv Albertine of the Slits presenting a programme on Radio 2 featuring classic guitarists in session at the BBC. just had Rock n roll by Zeppelin, stay with me by the Faces and now Starman by Bowie.

Bloody mobiles!

Quote: Chappers @ 13th August 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Viv Albertine of the Slits presenting a programme on Radio 2 featuring classic guitarists in session at the BBC. just had Rock n roll by Zeppelin, stay with me by the Faces and now Starman by Bowie.

You should choose a shorter mantra...

Pmsl!

The Adicts - Tango

The Best of Tracey Ullman. A colection of Stiff recordings.

"You broke my heart in 17 places."

Some great pop songs here.