That Friday Quiz Page 122

12. Wall Street.

Quote: Jennie @ 10th August 2014, 2:52 PM BST

12. Wall Street.

Think Gordon already got that.

Only thing for 20 I can get is deregotary.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 10th August 2014, 4:47 PM BST

15. Teal;

20. Samosa/Bhaji.

Well done. The duck one was there but I was struggling with the anagram - maybe because I hate Indian food.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th August 2014, 6:42 PM BST

maybe because I hate Indian food.

:O

13.Moshi Monsters

10.Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit

8. Pinocchio

I'll pop the answers here later on this afternoon
& post a new quiz sometime today

Friday Quiz June 27th 2014
1. Who was rebranded as an entrepreneur this week? Barbie
2. Also this week, what milestone was reached by the FTSE 100? All 100 companies now have at least one female board member
3. What four letter word links an Irish county with a common sauce? Mayo
4. Name the band. Arcade Fire

5. What general name is given to any tree that produces its seeds in cones? Conifer
6. What word for a nickname comes from an early French word for 'a playful tap under the chin'? Sobriquet
7. Which rare, bearlike mammal has an enlarged wrist bone that functions rather like a thumb, enabling it to handle food? (Giant) Panda
8. What was the name of the puppet who was eventually granted his wish to be 'a real boy' ? Pinocchio
9. What links these pictures? Balboa - the currency of Panama, and Rocky's surname

10. Name the mini series Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit

11. The name of which online reference work comes from the Hawaiian for 'fast' and the classical Greek for 'education'? Wikipedia
12. Which famous street in New York is named after an embankment built by Dutch settlers to repel attacking forces? Wall Street
13. Name the game Moshi Monsters
14. An oxide of which heavy metal is used to make crystal glass? Lead
15. Which breed of duck gives its name to a shade of greenish-blue resembling the coloured patches over its eyes? Teal
16. The trademark of which company was a radio tower on top of the Earth, transmitting rhythmic signals? RKO Film Studios
17. In English verse, what name is given to a pause in the middle of a metrical line? Caesura
18. I wish to buy a canoe. The price is 11 dollars, but I only have local currency. The exchange rate is 11 acorns = 15 dollars, 11 shells = 16 dollars and 11 beads =17 dollars. How many of each currency unit should I pay? 7 acorns and 1 shell

19. What links these pictures: Fictional GREY places (He-Man lives in Castle Grayskull; Billy Bunter went to Greyfriars School; Taran aka Lord Greystoke; the Grey Havens from Lord of the Rings)

20. Unscramble the two words: A A A B H I J M O S S BHAJI & SAMOSA

14 Lead(crystal)

16 RKO (kept thinking EKO)

1.Barbie

9.Balboa

19. Is It Lord of the Rings?

7. Panda

17. Caesura

and a bit of guess, but 6. Soubriquet

13. Smorgasbord

15. Gdansk (Danzig)

8 Albania

11 Sparta

Good to get in early on a Friday morning.

and I know 14 and 16 too but I know you can only answer 2 at a time.

16. Aramaic

7. Æthelræd Unræd ('the Unready')

12. Mince pies