I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,632

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Nice to know that even in hard financial times, the US can find enough spare cash to help an ally murder children in their homes

The United States exported to Israel a substantial amount of the same types of weapons Israel is using to kill Gazans, a new analysis of US Census Bureau export data reveals.

For example, in 2013, the United States sent Israel at least $196 million in parts for military airplanes and helicopters, a category that includes F-16 fighter jets and Apache helicopters, both of which Israel is currently using to attack Gazan homes, offices and farmland. Between January and May 2014, the United States had already exported $92 million in parts for military airplanes and helicopters.

The military airplanes and helicopters that the United States sent comprise the largest category, in dollar terms, of all weapons exports to Israel that are publicly available via the US Census Bureau.

The United States also sent Israel parts for armored fighting vehicles and ammunition cartridges. For example, between January and May 2014, the United States exported $39 million in parts of armored fighting vehicles, a category that includes M109 Doher Howitzers, which Israel has used against targets in Gaza. As for the ammunition cartridges, the United States shipped well over $9 million of these during the same time period.

Even as the US government claims to want to broker a ceasefire, it continues facilitating weapons exports to Israel. On July 14, the same day President Obama vowed that "We're going to continue to do everything we can to facilitate a return to the 2012 ceasefire," the State Department approved a possible $544 million sale of AIM-9x sidewinder missiles and associated support services to Israel. These missiles can be used by F-16s to hit ground targets.

Official US military aid to Israel stands at about $3 billion per year due to a 10-year, $30 billion military aid package originally signed by former President George W. Bush and upheld under President Obama. This figure doesn't, however, include the $504 million in funding dedicated to missile defence.

Murdering bastards

Yup the fascist oligarchy spreads its poisonous creed and the world sits on its f**king arse talking about Royal babies who miracle of miracles can walk and dribble. Or some shit celebrity who shagged someone, whilst the mainstream media spews lies and half truths and manipulates a population dosed to surrender on anti depressives and cheap thrills

And Hamas are buying their missiles from Waitrose I suppose?

Quote: Pingl @ 25th July 2014, 10:38 PM BST

Yup the fascist oligarchy spreads its poisonous creed and the world sits on its f**king arse talking about Royal babies who miracle of miracles can walk and dribble. Or some shit celebrity who shagged someone, whilst the mainstream media spews lies and half truths and manipulates a population dosed to surrender on anti depressives and cheap thrills

You express it far far better than I ever could mate

the world is a bloody lunatic asylum ran by lunatics and murderers

Lying bastards lying constantly mate with no care as to who suffers in the name of their mindless and destructive greed

Quote: Oldrocker @ 25th July 2014, 10:38 PM BST

And Hamas are buying their missiles from Waitrose I suppose?

Thanks rocker, though as they're substantially paid for by siphoned off aid money from the
UN you're paying for them.

The hypocrisy

Russia has been hit with huge sanctions for what's gone on in Ukraine and has come under constant criticism from the UK, US and Europe

Israel murders over 800 men, women and children in a matter of weeks and all you get is the same old bollocks about 'oh Israel should be allowed to defend itself but they really should stop now as they're being a bit too naughty blah blah'

Russia has been hit with sanctions for most likely murdering 200 Europeans

None of these sanctions are actually in place yet anyway.

Days gone by that would be cause for war.

Lofty chill out you're coming over as foolish again

And how odd that all of sudden the government agree to an inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko after years of refusing, could it be that now it is convenient they are willing to discredit Russia. They tap the phones of victims of crime and manipulate the media. Hundreds demonstrate outside the BBC not a word of coverage except on RTL. They protect high profile pedophiles and prosecute the poor and sick, they are trying to turn back the clock 100 years, Downton Abbey isn't a piece of national heritage fluff its a blueprint to these people.

There's a catch though - it's called Catch 22.

(Read it and you'll understand)

There are no rules contradictory or paradoxically, just an organised plot to both deceive and destroy. How can a system that relies and needs constant growth grow forever in a finite world with finite resources except by perpetual war ending in nothing but devastation, but on the bright side.... I'll get back to you

I do dislike this eternal power ineffectual paranoia.

I think the attraction of the grand conspiracy is that it absolves one of all culpability while allowing the fantasy that the conspirators can be brought to book and the world set to rights.

Quote: Tursiops @ 26th July 2014, 8:58 AM BST

I think the attraction of the grand conspiracy is that it absolves one of all culpability while allowing the fantasy that the conspirators can be brought to book and the world set to rights.

Nail. Head.