Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 3

I stopped watching this show after the first episode without Tim Vine.

Didn't find the show half as funny when Tim was in it. Lee is brilliant but it's just not enough without his side-kick.

Underrated show and I think this is due to the fact that the way this show is filmed and portrayed is quite 1990s - and this is quite unusual in this day and age of comedies.

I am going to watch the July 25th recording of Not Going Out and I am very much looking forward to it.

How have the previous recorded episodes been so far?

Also how many hours do I need to get there in advance?

Quote: Luke Frost @ 28th June 2014, 7:25 PM BST

I am going to watch the July 25th recording of Not oing Out and I am very much looking forward to it.

How have the previous recorded episodes been so far?

Also how many hours do I need to get there in advance?

Well, somebody told me that previous recordings have been good and a big step up from the rather IMO poor Series 6. I have never been to a TV recording myself but I would advise you get there a few hours before start time as these events do get rather busy.

Pick went to last weeks recording and really enjoyed. It's better than last year :) I'd get there four maybe half four latest.

It seems like ages since it was last on. What the BBC should do - when they know they have a hit - is extend a series from a pitiful six episodes to at least thirteen.

Well today is the final recording and should now have finished, I hope they release it soon though, it's been a long wait since the 'Christmas Special' (which was very enjoyable to watch). It was also a bit longer than usual, I wonder if it's a permanent change or it was a one-off.

Christmas specials are often an extended length. I'd be flabbergasted if the new series is any different to the regular ~28 minute length.

There're 10 episodes this year including the Christmas episode. It's possibly the last series as well but we won't know until Series 7 has aired (which I think is in autumn). I've heard very good things about this series! I can't wait.

I was at the recording of the last episode last night, needless to say it was very good indeed. If this episode was anything to go by, the slight dip it took last series has been reversed. Wish I could say more about it, but I'll respect them not wanting it to be spoilered :)

Someone in the audience asked Lee about the Series 6 DVD. He said they'd had a lot of contract problems with it, which caused the delay. It will be released when the new series is on in the autumn.

Oh great! I've been wondering about the DVD for ages! I went to the one the week before and that was very good as well! I was going to go last night but couldn't.

I was at the taping last night and it was very good, I call it an episode you must watch when it is broadcast. I was glad someone in the audience asked Lee about the Series 6 DVD because I was wondering that myself.

I have kept hearing only positive reports from the other recordings which means if true, Not Going Out is back to its best!

Can I also say the banter between Lee and Ray Peacock (the warmup man) is hilarious

Quote: Mattjon @ 26th July 2014, 10:41 AM BST

Someone in the audience asked Lee about the Series 6 DVD. He said they'd had a lot of contract problems with it, which caused the delay. It will be released when the new series is on in the autumn.

Glad to hear that the recordings for Series 7 have been good and also good to hear that the Series 6 DVD will be indeed getting a release. Lee was on The One Show last week talking about Series 7 and he said it might well be the final series they ever do but obviously it's not officially confirmed.

On average how long did it take to record?

A few years back I went to a few and they took about 3 hours each for a 28 minute show.

For this particular episode it took around an hour and 45 minutes

Quote: Luke Frost @ 26th July 2014, 9:13 PM BST

For this particular episode it took around an hour and 45 minutes

Blimey - they're getting professional. I think you've been cheated. I'd ask for my money back.

Oh - hold on....