Britain's Best Sitcom Page 2

Quote: smc4761 @ 10th July 2014, 6:44 PM BST

Could I be in a minority of one and say that I do enjoy MBB

Well, you are on here but I also love MBB! :D

Quote: G180e @ 11th July 2014, 4:05 PM BST

Well, you are on here but I also love MBB! :D

I also love mega big boobs! That's what you meant...innit?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th July 2014, 9:33 PM BST

I also love mega big boobs! That's what you meant...innit?

Anything more than a handful is a waste.

I do <3 Men Behaving Badly though. Great show and the other MBB is giving it a bad name around here.

How big is too big? If one can see one's feet then they're fine.

Back to comedy, personally I cannot bear MBB but it's hugely popular for a reason I suppose? My parents love it....

I've thought about this recently too. One question might be, what comedies would we add since that original series? Should we displace some old favourites.

My memory of the original series (must dig out the off-airs some time)is that inevitably there were about 1/2 the top ten entries that I would have never in a million years expected to be there, like Vicar of Dibley. On the other hand, ITV comedies didn't get a look in.

I'd definitely think The IT Crowd, Extras, Peep Show. Father Ted, or was that already in the old list? The Office, I think that was there. Oh and Outnumbered. Him and Her - probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Quote: Geffers @ 14th July 2014, 1:38 PM BST

Father Ted, or was that already in the old list?

I think Father Ted was the highest ranked non-BBC sitcom.

Hancock was criminally underrated in that list. Its rank would most probably be even lower this time, with such new "gems" (or turds) like MBB, Bad Education and Badults getting all the support by the unthinking majority.

How can you talk about the probably best British sitcom ever and not mention Spaced? :O
That would be my favourite for the best Britcom ever and is of course also one of my favourites. My other personal favourites would probably be:
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
The Office
The Thin Blue Line
Lead Balloon

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th July 2014, 2:11 PM BST

I think Father Ted was the highest ranked non-BBC sitcom.

Hancock was criminally underrated in that list. Its rank would most probably be even lower this time, with such new "gems" (or turds) like MBB, Bad Education and Badults getting all the support by the unthinking majority.

Had to edit my post as I came across as a bit aggressive!

In a nutshell, I was saying that MBB is and was a hilarious sitcom and in a different league to the likes of Bad Education and Badults for goodness sakes.

Well I think Gordon was referring to Mrs. Brown's Boys, but Tommy might be talking about Men Behaving Badly...

Quote: Aaron @ 24th July 2014, 10:19 PM BST

Well I think Gordon was referring to Mrs. Brown's Boys, but Tommy might be talking about Men Behaving Badly...

Damn...you obv read my rant just now..which is now edited.

I apologise to Gordon :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$

Damn these upstarts! MBB will always be Men Behaving Badly to me, too. :)

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 24th July 2014, 10:20 PM BST

Damn...you obv read my rant just now..which is now edited.

I apologise to Gordon :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$

Damn, missed the lovely insults! You've made me curious now....nevermind, Tommy. :)
Aaron is in fact right, I was referring to that Irish travesty*.

* now I'm insulting Brandon O'Carroll...and Ireland. >_<

Would Gavin and Stacey get anywhere near people's top 10?

No, because as a comedy drama it wouldn't be eligible for a sitcom list.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th July 2014, 12:14 PM BST

No, because as a comedy drama it wouldn't be eligible for a sitcom list.

I wouldn't call it a comedy drama. I think it is a sitcom, just a romantic one.