Monty Python Live Page 3

Quote: Nil Putters @ 2nd July 2014, 5:59 PM BST

I lost interest when you stopped quoting me. ;)

News, not newsletter! :P

Oh, ok, maybe you should quote me in that and I might read it.

A superb piece of writing, lamenting the Idle-isation of Python. How their Dadaist absurdism has been reduced to music hall whimsy. http://thequietus.com/articles/15649-monty-python

Quote: Kenneth @ 2nd July 2014, 9:15 PM BST

A superb piece of writing, lamenting the Idle-isation of Python. How their Dadaist absurdism has been reduced to music hall whimsy. http://thequietus.com/articles/15649-monty-python

I can't be arsed to read all that. All critics are wankers anyway.

Yes I get the point that it's rehashing stuff but people loved it and want one last chance to see it again. They don't have to buy the merchandise as indeed I rarely do when I go to a music gig.

Yes it is going through the motions to some extent but they are funny motions.

Anyway I haven't got tickets and wouldn't pay those sort of prices anyway.

I've come back from tonight's show, so I'll sum up my view briefly.

It was a wonderful show that is a treat for die-hard fans and for the new generation of comedy lovers. A great show - apart from the dancers. People say that fans who quote the sketches verbatim are awful, but the dancing was the real pain in the arse, purely there to give the proper stars time to change costume. Even then they had filmed sketchs and Gilliam's animation on screen, and that does the job much better.

I'll look forward to seeing it on Gold for Nostalgia sakes
I hope Graham got a big cheer when his face came up.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd July 2014, 3:57 AM BST

Graham certainly got a big cheer.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd July 2014, 3:57 AM BST

Why? Did he bother to turn up in person?

was a lot of fun last night.

(Apart from Simon Pegg coming on and being a dick.)

I'm recording it via Gold on Sunday night, so hopefully it should live up to expectations. Frank Skinner mentioned in his radio show that there was an unfunny guy in a kangaroo suit filling in between sketches - was it really the lame part of the evening?

Saw the penultimate show and it was a real treat, so long as you go in expecting certain things.

I don't think anyone has posted them yet, but the full list of celebrity cameo appearances in the Blackmail sketch are:

Stephen Fry
Bill Bailey
Lee Mack
Noel Fielding
Matt Lucas
David Walliams
Simon Pegg
Warwick Davis
Eddie Izzard

It's rumoured that the guest for the final night, depending on practicalities, is hoped to be Stephen Hawking.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd July 2014, 10:13 PM BST

I can't be arsed to read all that. All critics are wankers anyway.

I couldn't get very far through that either
Extremely wanky

How much were the tickets anyway?

WHat is Coogan talking about
Eric Idle never wrote any of the sketches and just did the songs??
Candid Photography anyone?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th July 2014, 9:16 PM BST

WHat is Coogan talking about
Eric Idle never wrote any of the sketches and just did the songs??
Candid Photography anyone?

I don't think Neil Innes would agree with that.

Considering I'm not really a big fan of Python - it has been a very mixed bag IMO - I haven't really laughed that much at all, just a few sniggers here and there. I have enjoyed all the backstage stuff though but there has been nothing about it all that is making me think "I must re-watch this on Tuesday's repeat". Let alone buying the DVD!