Britain's Best Sitcom

It's been ten years since this, is it time for fresh vote?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTE6l2Z9fc0

It is something that I have been thinking about, although this would be something that we would need to talk to Mark about. One problem we have at the moment is that we don't have up-to-date guides for every sitcom in that top 50 yet. Another is whether the website has enough readers for a poll to be justified.

I would vote the most prolific sitcom that has inspired myself and many millions all over again.

Only Fools and Horses.

Yep, I definitely think we need to do a new vote. Obviously OFAH would still be #1 but it would be interesting to see the other runner ups.

Upon re-watching recently some episodes on Netflix, I'd say Fawlty Towers, but I know my top 3 would be Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses and Blackadder.

I always get bogged in the technicalities.
Are we voting for our favourite sitcom or the best sitcom?
My favourites are Bottom and Red Dwarf but the best sitcoms are Blackadder followed by Only Fools And Horses.
The first way is ideal because you base it off what you know. The second is difficult because chances are you haven't seen every British sitcom that ever existed.

Either way The Vicar Of Dibley can piss off out the top 20.

Channel 5 are doing a show in this vein later in the year, although I think voting has already taken place. The list I saw was also missing a number of very important titles - and it includes US shows.

Always felt it was Porridge myself, just a quality show & one of the few that never appears to age.

The best thing though is looking through the list & seeing just what quality this country has produced when it comes to sitcoms.

My only fear with a new list though would be seeing Mrs Sodding Browns Boys turning up in the top ten.

I think the time is ripe after 10 years. I'd love to see a new voting although I also fear that new shitty shows would make the top ten (MBB etc.) but you have to take the risk.
My top five at the moment:

OFAH (of course)
Blackadder
Hancock
Porridge
Yes Minister

No. Too many good old shows would be replaced by modern crap that would only be voted for because they are fresh in people's minds.

Maybe a fairer way of doing it would be to vote for say the top ten sitcoms of each decade. Then a final vote chosen from those. Shows that have really stood the test of time will definitely stand out.
Anyway there is some quite good modern stuff at the moment (and that doesn't include Mrs. Brown's Boys, which is absolutely dire), every decade has its fair share of good and bad!

Could I be in a minority of one and say that I do enjoy MBB

Red Dwarf for me is n1. Mrs. Brown's... was funny when I first saw it, surprisingly not so repeated, n150ish.

Rik Mayall's works may shift higher this year, I re-watched recently all his shows, Believe Nothing, Filthy Rich & Catflap, and classics: esp Bottom (esp Live), so they are fresh in memory and ready for any top lists. My Hero somehow missed that 100 Britain's Best Sitcoms 2004 list, hmm.

I think Britain's Best Sitcom 2014 poll is needed, sure - for reference, for comparison, vestige of the time, better understanding other scoring results like IMDb's etc., as kind of thanks and feedback to creators and material for critics.
But I can see, that it probably will not be big enough, official enough, audience will not be grown up enough and versed in old good stuff. I certainly will find any poll not fair, not diverse and juvenile. "I blame Internet" (Not Going Out (c)).

Benidorm is my new no 1 update one.

Yes, I agree that it's time to update the list. For what it's worth my favourites are:

Father Ted
The League of Gentlemen
One Foot in the Grave