Mark Steel's in Town

About time Mark Steel's fantastic satirical outsider's look at your local town gets its own thread. One of the few radio show which has guaranteed numerous laugh out loud moments in each episode.

Yes, I do love the programme too. The only problem I have with it is that every year I hope it will come to my town and so far it hasn't.

(Aaron: Is this show in the right part of the forum?)

Yes, I wasn't really sure where to put it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks/sounds good.

Quote: Lee @ 20th January 2014, 12:31 PM GMT

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks/sounds good.

It really is worth a listen Lee. The Mark Steel Lectures have been getting repeated on BBC radio iPlayer. They are brilliant as well.

Yeah I used to listen to them, I shall "checkemout" again on iPlayer, cheers.

:D My favourite radio comedy!! luv it! soo clever!

Listened to the Boston one last night, as I know that place fairly well. This was very good indeed. I'm sure it won't take me long to make it through the rest of them.

He has a great way of taking the piss out of an audience's home town without being offensive or controversial. Clever chap.

I particularly like the bits where he talks about the history, in any of his shows actually. He can paint quite the picture with a twist of humour too.

Hello folks

I recently discovered Mark Steel's In Town and am desperately searching for Series 3, 4, and 5 (and the Edinburgh special). How were these issued in the UK? I cannot find these anywhere. Thanks!

There are currently loads of episodes available on the BBC Radio player app. Listened to the Penzance episode whilst walking the dog and was laughing like the village idiot.

There are laughs, but he might reconsider 'doing' the accents.

:O I think his 'accents' are soo good- why not??

Series 6 on air now. Top quality cleverly crafted observational comedy. Please give it a go if you haven't already.