The Guess List Page 2

I too would've liked to see more game, but otherwise really enjoyed it. Good fun.

Quote: Aaron @ 16th April 2014, 1:03 AM BST

I too would've liked to see more game, but otherwise really enjoyed it. Good fun.

I don't mind the talk/game ratio but there were too many guests for my tastes. It's funny to see Brydon bantering with one or two really good candidates (Saunders and that old actor for instance). Instead he had to rush from one guest to another with no time for neither a hilarious chat nor the game. And the "normal" guests just weren't funny...the producers of the show should stick to (interesting) actors or comedians.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th April 2014, 12:51 PM BST

I don't mind the talk/game ratio but there were too many guests for my tastes. It's funny to see Brydon bantering with one or two really good candidates (Saunders and that old actor for instance). Instead he had to rush from one guest to another with no time for neither a hilarious chat nor the game. And the "normal" guests just weren't funny...the producers of the show should stick to (interesting) actors or comedians.

'that old actor'! Simon effing Callow! One of Britain's greatest living stage actors. He also recently voiced some audiobooks for dogs (honestly).

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 17th April 2014, 2:20 PM BST

'that old actor'! Simon effing Callow! One of Britain's greatest living stage actors. He also recently voiced some audiobooks for dogs (honestly).

I would have loved to see an extended banter between him and Brydon. Corden's knob gags and innuendos weren't that funny.

I'm not sure Callow was really contributing that much to the banter though.

I just want to know how many times a day people get him confused with Simon Cowell.

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 3:01 PM BST

I'm not sure Callow was really contributing that much to the banter though.

;)

:P

This show is utterly and totally original.

Utterly.

Would I lie to you?

I actually thought Episode 2 was a bit better than the first one but still nothing to shout over.

Not seen it yet. I might have a look this week.

The fact that Carol Voderman is on has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

I'm getting a little stiffy already.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 23rd April 2014, 12:38 PM BST

Not seen it yet. I might have a look this week.

The fact that Carol Voderman is on has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

I'm getting a little stiffy already.

I watched it tonight.

Thanks but no.

I think this show is perfect for the time slot. Not overly serious or unique but very entertaining fluff none the less.