Legit

This is the new Jim Jeffries show starting in the US on FX on 17th January. I'm a huge fan of Jim, so am looking forward to this. Hopefully, it'll do a Louie.

Watched this earlier on and it was kinda good, but a bit frustrating at the same time. It was fairly engaging, didn't drag and I laughed a few times, but if you've seen Jim's stand up shows in the past then you would have heard most of the jokes. It left little room for any surprises which was disappointing. Hopefully, the future episodes will be a little fresher in terms of material.

A few episodes in and this series has a likable charm to it. More amusing than hilarious, but one I'd recommend to any Jefferies fans.

I've carried on watching Legit and definitely recommend it. There's a few episodes which don't hit the mark, but then there's episodes like the baseball one which brought on several belly laughs from me. There's still a fair bit of Jim's standup being recycled into the show which can grate, but plenty of fresh funnies too. It's just been recommissioned for a second series too. Will be interesting to see if any UK channels (i.e E4) pick it up.

This on on Netflix now and I must say it's very enjoyable (four eps in)

I've seen bits and pieces of Jim's standup but not enough that I remember the jokes so the show is very fresh for me. If I had to compare it to anything it would be a mix between Always Sunny and Hello Ladies but nowhere near as obvious in it's sentimentality as the latter.

I've just started watching the second season of this and, much like the first season, a few bum notes but generally good. Not going to be my favourite sitcom, but always worth dipping in to. Any scenes with Rodney in are always hilarious.

Season One was great. A nice mix of comedy with enough drama thrown in to give it some nuance. Issues that are pretty taboo were dealt with well I thought without pandering to anyone.

I'm onto season 2 now. Jim has developed some kind of moral compass. I'm not sure I like it..

Legit has been axed.

I'm not sure how I feel. I liked it but couldn't see where it was going to go and the characters were very changeable.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 20th May 2014, 5:33 PM BST

Legit has been axed.

I'm not sure how I feel. I liked it but couldn't see where it was going to go and the characters were very changeable.

I kind of lost touch with season two after a couple of episodes, so not much of a surprise.

Quote: Ben @ 20th May 2014, 6:35 PM BST

I kind of lost touch with season two after a couple of episodes, so not much of a surprise.

The more it went on the less it focused on Jim which I think was a fatal decision. Maybe he ran out of material from his stand up?