Newsjack - Series 10 Page 19

Sent two sketches, did any one else find the news particularly testing to get any decent jokes out of this week?

Sent two off but you're right about the news - I'm going to let someone else tackle Ukraine and missing planes.

Also couldn't think of a single decent sports sketch this week - too emotional at BOD's last ever Ireland game in Dublin.

I managed to send of two sketches this week. I thought there was plenty of stuff to cover. I've done one in politics and one in arts & entertainment.

Had nothing until about 11:30.
Sent two silly Politics sketches.
Slightly better than nothing.

Mike.

Sent two sketches. One long-ish one which could fit in to Business or Arts & Entertainment, and one quickie Business one which is a bit meta, referencing the Newsjack changes this series.

I submitted two sketches. One on sport and the other on business and economy.

Think I'll wait to see how this week's show goes before I commit too much time to it.

Out of interest, where do people source their news? I look at BBC News and Sky News websites.

Sent in a sketch. But I've yet to receive an auto reply. The same happened last week. Has that happened to anyone else or does Newsjack just hate me?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 10th March 2014, 1:30 PM GMT

Out of interest, where do people source their news? I look at BBC News and Sky News websites.

Mainly BBC News for me.

Quote: That Writer Chap @ 10th March 2014, 3:08 PM GMT

Sent in a sketch. But I've yet to receive an auto reply. The same happened last week. Has that happened to anyone else or does Newsjack just hate me?

I don't recall any being sent out last week.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 10th March 2014, 3:11 PM GMT

I don't recall any being sent out last week.

That's a relief, thanks.

Mostly bbc news for me too. On the website they helpfully categorise it in similar headings to what newsjack is asking for. Last night I caught the very late news headlines on BBC news channel and saw an item on the hand over of the international space station, so this morning I did a quick sketch on that. It's very short and I don't hold out much hope, but I'm just glad to have submitted something.

Quote: Bonzo @ 10th March 2014, 3:21 PM GMT

It's very short and I don't hold out much hope, but I'm just glad to have submitted something.

You've got to be in it to win it, Bonzo!

Just to point out, our Newsjack guide now contains credits for over 500 different writers. If you've had a sketch or sketches broadcast on the show do check our page(s) for the episode(s) you were involved in to ensure we've got you credited there and spelt your name right: https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/episodes/

If anything is wrong use the 'Contact' option in the bottom right corner of the website. Thanks!

Another set of one-liners submitted.

Only found out yesterday that one of mine had been recorded but not broadcast last week, trying to find out which one it was.

If anyone was at the recording, they're in the Rejects thread in Critique if you wouldn't mind having a look?

Thanks