Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 3

Just watched the trailers that are featured on this very website. They made me laugh and they've got quite a stellar cast by the looks of things. Looking forward to it.

The cast looks great, looking forward to this too.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th January 2014, 11:19 PM GMT

Comedy stars are reading our posts.

I've been wondering why all my gas bill and Readers Digest '10 million is waiting for you' envelopes were torn.

I'd love to like this but sadly it's just not my cup of tea so I won't be watching.

Quote: G180e @ 5th February 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

I'd love to like this but sadly it's just not my cup of tea so I won't be watching.

Every episode is different so you never know you might enjoy some of it. It's like that famous saying "never judge a cup of tea on one sip".

Quote: G180e @ 5th February 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

I'd love to like this

That's a phrase I've never quite understood.

Brilliant.

That, was brilliant. I was not expecting that turn at the end there.

Loved the twist at the end and great performances throughout. Maybe not quite as many laughs as I've come to expect from the writers, but a curious piece indeed.

Their stuff tends to create a different kind of laugh though if that makes sense, it's all in the tension, the 'what's going to happen next' feeling. I found that riveting. Fab comic turn by Reece Shearsmith as the camp guy and a very unexpected twist at the end.

It wasn't really as LOG funny as I was hoping for although there were some creepy bits. The twist was good though although not totally unexpected.

I wasn't too impressed. Reece Shearsmith camping it up in a wig firing out double entendre after double entendre felt cheap and easy in an episode that seemed to strive for something better than that. It succeeded in being dark and certain bits were done well but on the whole it just didn't provide enough laughs and the pay off was a bit obvious.

It felt like a single stream of what would have been a story line in LOG or Psychoville blown up for an episode and not the better for it.
It was very reminiscent of Tales of the Unexpected.
I rather liked the quoting the Child Catcher, that was a nicely, witty, sinister moment.
But overall it felt a bit slack and the twist wasn't much of a surprise.

Still thinking about this. How often does that happen with a comedy? If the rest of the episodes are up to that standard, we're in for a rare treat.

Whether or not you liked this week's (although I hope everyone does) it is worth noting next week's is completely different in tone, style and story... it's one of the best half hours of television I've seen in ages, so don't miss it. More details and preview clips in our guide:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/inside_no_9/episodes/1/2/